Theme Installation Instructions
Whole installation process in covered in the following video tutorial.
Theme should be installed standard way via wordpress admin panel.
- Please navigate to “Appearance -> Themes -> Install Themes”
- Click on “Upload”
- Select your theme from WP folder that is included in the Zip file you purchased.
- Click “Install Now”
- After the theme is successfully installed, click “Activate”
To import correctly media for default content, uncheck please in Settings > Media option: Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders. Media for default content should be directly in Uploads folder.
Importing Default Content
For faster site development we recommend you to import default content. Default content shows you all page layouts, shortcodes and other post types. If you’d like to import it, you can do it via “Tools -> Import -> WordPress -> Upload file and import”. Please select a file called defaultcontent-export.xml and and simply click Upload file and import. We recommend you installing “Contact Form 7″ plugin before running import. It’ll import you also contact form examples.
NOTE: for importing content use this plugin WordPress Importer.
Setting Up Homepage and Blog
Please note that you have to select a homepage and posts page for our theme to work properly.
1. If you haven’t uploaded our default content, please create a new page. You can of also edit the existing homepage we provided in default content.
2. Select “Homepage Template” layout for the page that should become your homepage. Please note if there is no “Template” option available or dropdown does not include Homepage template, you don’t need to set it up.
3. Navigate to: “Admin -> Settings -> Reading” and set a static Front page & Posts page: